You have 365 days to accomplish something you can't stop thinking about! The New Year brings in a flow of big dreams & resolutions. Goal setting can be tedious. At the times we have a hard time knowing where to start or how to turn big picture goals into actionable steps. Sometimes we set goals and after a few months, we forget about our resolutions. Today, we are going to help you set and create an action plan for your goals!
What defines a good goal?
Before we get to the good stuff and freebies, let's talk about what defines a good goal. Good goals are goals that are set with purpose and intent. Each goal you set will help you create your big picture. Good goals are goals that you want to accomplish, will aid in your personal growth & business growth, and will keep your attention on what you want the most.
The best way to narrow done what you would like your goals to be is to divide your life into sections. We like to start the goal setting process by answering a few questions that reflect where we like to be, in the various aspects of your life.
1. Explain how your ideal work day looks like?
2. What type of flexibility would you like for your day/work day?
3. What would you like to make time for outside of work, school, or business?
1. Are you attaining your ideal client, customer, or audience?
2. Does your brand reflect who you would like to book?
3. Are your services clear? Do they align with what you want to offer?
1. How much money would you like to make this year?
2. How many clients would you need to book in order to reach your booking goal
3. What would you need to charge to make your lifestyle and financial goals? Is this a feasible goal?
Feasabilty & S.M.A.R.T. Goals
Beyond the questions above, we like to ask if all of our goals are feasible. It is important to recognize where you are and where you would like to be. Feasibility makes for smoother action steps! You can decide on 3-5 BIG PICTURE goals! Each goal should be an S.M.A.R.T goal.
How To Accomplish Your Goals
The most important step that will help you accomplish your goals is creating an action plan. Your action plan should reflect your end goal, & the steps needed to accomplish your goals. Each goal should be measurable and you should be able to keep yourself accountable for following through.
Tips for Staying Accountable:
Prioritize Your Goals
Set an “accomplished by date”
Check in monthly
What are some of your goals for 2017?
Do you think this article helped sort out the goal aetting madness?
Happy New Year! We at Auden & Company hope you have a wonderful year filled with countless oppurtunties!
AT THE DESK FREEBIES
End Goal Worksheet: It always helps to work backwards. Write out your goal. List your steps from top to bottom of how you will get there. This is an excellent visulazing tool. You can download the worksheet here
Goal Setting Questionnairre: A printable version of the questions we talked about earlier in the post. You can download the questionairre here